Sunday, 24 February 2013

Blood for the Blood God!

Inspired by the new releases, I decided to finish off my last Daemon models and take a break from my CSM. Introducing the first of my Bloodletters which, not counting my Daemon Prince, is the first Khorne unit I've ever painted.

Saturday, 23 February 2013

They are Arisen!

So the new models for the Daemons have officially been released for advance order and I have to say that while I'm still not entirely sold on the Khorne cannon I could really get into the rest of the new releases and now that they've gone live I think I can add pictures now. If I'm not allowed I'm sure that GW will tell me so.

Ok first of all we have the Herald of Slaanesh who appears to be bridging the gap between the regular Daemonettes and The Masque with her dynamic pose, skirt and extra head detail. She does only have two arms as well.

Friday, 22 February 2013

From Hell

Tomorrow (23rd February 2013) marks the release of the new Daemon army book for WHFB and codex for 40k as well as a whole host of new models. It's like they knew my birthday was coming up or something. It all goes on for advance order tomorrow and should be released the following week which will either mean they're out just before or actually on my birthday. Interesting how these things work out.

Tuesday, 19 February 2013

Looking Like Hell

The Helbrute is done! I changed my mind on the veins and bone and just went for blood and metal. I did add a little more colour by using red and blue on some of the tubing to sort of imply a circulatory system. I added a little blood around the spine so that it looks like it burst out of the flesh. All I have to do now is finish the base but I'm not sure what I want to do there yet so it will just stay as it is until I work it out because obviously I can't do anything until inspiration hits.

Sunday, 17 February 2013

Hell on Earth

Today I've done some more work on my Helbrute (who is still unnamed at the moment) which has consisted mainly of the skin and armour edging. Now because I got a little too enthusiastic with my armour yesterday the painting today has had to go a little slower as I tried to not ruin the shiny armour plates. For the most part it's been a job well done but I do have a couple of small areas to retouch.

Walking Hell

I finally started work on my Helbrute and after much agonising debate I decided that it makes sense from a story perspective for it to be in an Iron Warriors paint scheme. So far I've done the armour base coat, ink layer and a second coat on the silver armour plates. The armour plates were based with Leadbelcher and Balthasar Gold an given a Nuln Oil wash. I've then gone over that with an Ironbreaker coat and I plan to go out and get Runefang Steel for the final coat. I'm going to start on the flesh tomorrow with Bugman's Glow, Cadian Fleshtone and Kislev Flesh.

Sunday, 3 February 2013

That Ol' Black Magic

The Sorcerer is all but finished now, just got to do the base and he's totally finished. I changed the gold shoulder pad into another red one and re-did the Mark of Tzeentch. I'm really proud of this mark as it actually looks like it's supposed to but unfortunately the respirator pack mostly covers it so you can only just about see it but I know it's there and looks better than before.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...