Sunday 17 February 2013

Walking Hell

I finally started work on my Helbrute and after much agonising debate I decided that it makes sense from a story perspective for it to be in an Iron Warriors paint scheme. So far I've done the armour base coat, ink layer and a second coat on the silver armour plates. The armour plates were based with Leadbelcher and Balthasar Gold an given a Nuln Oil wash. I've then gone over that with an Ironbreaker coat and I plan to go out and get Runefang Steel for the final coat. I'm going to start on the flesh tomorrow with Bugman's Glow, Cadian Fleshtone and Kislev Flesh.



I'm debating whether to do the typical black and yellow stripes or whether to do some kind of ageing/weathering thing but from a story perspective it doesn't make sense for it to be weathered as the Iron Warriors are famous for taking better care of their machinery and armour than of themselves so surely any metal thing belonging to them wouldn't be degraded at all? Let me know your thoughts.











No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...