Sunday 24 February 2013

Blood for the Blood God!

Inspired by the new releases, I decided to finish off my last Daemon models and take a break from my CSM. Introducing the first of my Bloodletters which, not counting my Daemon Prince, is the first Khorne unit I've ever painted.



You can really see how much my painting skills have improved by comparing my Daemon Prince and the Bloodletter as there's more depth to the latter and the shading is much better.

I based him with Khorne Red and washed with Carroburg Crimson, then hit the drybrushing with Evil Sunz Scarlet, Wild Rider Red and Troll Slayer Red. I then glazed with Bloodletter and highlighted the bumpy areas again with Troll Slayer Orange (which took a while just on this one Bloodletter). The face got a highlight of Averland Sunset to really bring out the facial features and the eyes are painted with Moot Green. The tongue is a blend of Temple Guard Blue and Fenrisian Grey and I chose this as a very stark contrast against the red of the body.

The blade was based with Ironbreaker and given a 50/50 wash of Agrax Earthshade and Nuln Oil, layered with Leadbelcher and drybrushed with Necron Compound. The detail was based with Balthasar Gold, Hashnut Copper and again drybrushed with Necron Compound. The blood is good ol' Tamiya Clear Red.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...