Monday 14 July 2014

Lord of Heresy

It has certainly been a very busy hobby weekend for me! I don't know where the inspiration came from but I'm just not questioning it as I've gotten so much done and I'm still in the mood for more (unfortunately real life intends to get in the way of my inspiration kick and I've got to resist the urge to book time off work.


To kick things off; voila! One Sorcerer of Tzeentch in Terminator Armour. In keeping with my green spot colour you'll notice that his staff is green and all the eyes are green too. The green of the staff was achieved with a little Waywatcher Green over silver (I wanted a noticeable but subtle colouring).


I'm actually most surprised with how the rock he's standing on turned out as I wasn't sure if I'd be able to make it match the Agrellan Earth I used for the base. It was quite simple to do; Baneblade Brown with an edge highlight and drybrushing with Flayed One Flesh. I was shocked myself when it worked first time.


While I'm loving the look of the cape/cloak/whatever I'm debating whether to repaint the fur. My original plan was to have it looking like a Fenrisian Wolf's fur but I don't think the effect is right. The idea behind this being to express the hatred between the Space Wolves and the Thousand Sons (according to my army fluff all of the Sons of the Cyclops were originally Thousand Sons) by proudly displaying a trophy from a battle but it's starting to look to me like he picked up a worn out rug and threw it on so that may be up for a repaint in future.


Everything else I've done on the model has been covered in other posts so I won't bore you with repetition but instead I'll just say that I've really enjoyed painting this guy and a lot of care went into him and this post has taken exactly the length of my commute to write. I'm off to a good start to the day I think.


1 comment:

  1. liking the use of silver and then green, and cloak looks fine my khorne/tzeentch army also features SW trophies.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...