Monday 9 December 2013

The Digital Age


So far my experience of Digital GW has been a little... Lacking. I may have downloaded a codex or two so I can see whether it's worth buying at some point but as far as the actual Digital Releases are concerned I haven't had any at all... Until recently.



My first foray into this side of GW was with the Be'lakor releases and I have to say that I really enjoyed the background information most of all; I'm sure if I played games then I'd also probably enjoy the rules but while I find them good in terms of theoretical list building that's as far as that goes for me.


As I'm hopefully showing through the pictures I'm displaying there's also some amazing artwork in the new releases that is as good as (if not better than) the artwork in the recently released codices which is another excellent feature. The fact that they add whole new dimensions to the game has been discussed to death by other bloggers and forums that you've probably read already so I won't cover that here.


My other trip into the digital rabbit hole comes from the Codex: Inquisitors which, although I am a Chaos guy through and through, has actually been quite entertaining. I've gotten a fair way into the background information and the Ordos of the Inquisition are just as insane as the Imperium they're trying to defend and they're probably just as bad for humanity as Chaos ever was. My conclusion on the Inquisition: bad to the bone and I love them.

As far as the digital releases are concerned my judgement is pretty much the same in that I think they're awesome. I know I'm very late in hopping on the digital bandwagon but better late than never right? Saying that though I am still a big fan of having something physical to hold and consult so while I doubt very much that I'll be ditching books and paper I can definitely see the digital products becoming a welcome companion to the physical releases.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...