Monday 15 July 2013

Seeking a Lasting Relationship

What you see here is a little preview of my Seekers unit. I changed with these from the crazy colours that I used on the Exalted Seeker Chariot (see here) to flesh tones 


The reason for that change it that I only have a few different bright colours and if I constantly use the same colours then they will end up getting boring. Plus not all of the Seekers have scales like the ones on the Chariot so the colours wouldn't have worked properly.
One last difference between these and the ones on my chariot is very simple: these ones have boobs. Finished giggling yet? When you have I'll be waiting at the next paragraph.
Are we mature again now? Or at least not giggling at boobs anyway. Good, then I'll continue. What I've done here is combine the Steed flesh from the chariot with the Daemonette flesh so a quick recap; Daemonette Hide base, drybrushed with Warpfiend Grey and again with Slaanesh Grey. 


The underbelly (and yes, the boobs too) were based with Bugman's Glow and then layered with Cadian Fleshtone and Kislev Flesh. Unlike the Daemonettes (not yet finished so not in this blog) I gave the area a light drybrush with Eldar Flesh just to really bring out the ridges.
The eyes were simply White Scar with an Abaddon Black dot, the claws and horns were based in Zandri Dust, then layered with Ushabti Bone and Screaming Skull.
The hair was based with either Dryad Bark or Mournfang Brown (can't remember though I'm pretty sure it was Dryad Bark) and then highlighted with Gorthor and Baneblade brown. The teeny tiny bands in the hair got the Balthasar, Gehenna's and Auric Armour Gold treatment.
The leather straps were (I think) Rhinox Hide edge highlighted with Gorthor Brown while the metal work (saddle and buckles) were painted with Leadbelcher, Ironbreaker and Runefang Steel. The saddle was then given a Druchii Violet wash to tint it purple.
I added the purple around the eye like make-up just to break up the colour a little and to really make the eyes pop.

And there we have it; one Steed of Slaanesh. I'm going to get the rider for it done at some point soon and then I'll showcase that one before finishing the whole unit. What do we think guys and girls? As ever, comments are always welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...