Sunday 30 December 2012

Cleaning My Act Up

After purchasing some second hand models a few weeks ago I've been wondering how to repair the awful paint job that was done by the previous owner. A lot of sites recommended using brown Dettol so that's what I went with. It's worked a treat but now my room smells like a hospital (fitting considering that my third nephew is being born tomorrow).

It was quite a simple method; fill a tub with Dettol, immerse the offending models into the liquid (making sure they're fully covered) and leave for around 24 hours. Tick tock, tick tock... So now we've waited, take a toothbrush and brush off the paint but not with water, just use the Dettol. Once all the paint is gone then rinse the models in water to get rid of the residue. Now I can paint them how I want instead of having to deal with an awful colour scheme that looks like it was applied by a very small child.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...